Import Doc & Procedures
Attend Import Documentation Seminar TodayExperience the advantages and benefits of attending a Global Training Center seminar
Too often importers expect their brokers to do all of the work when it comes to the importing process. Unfortunately the broker is NOT a tax advisor. Any errors they make could result in penalties for you, the importer. Learn the key compliance elements of importing, classification, valuation, country of origin duty payment and record keeping. Learn also how to decipher those cryptic forms your broker supplies to you.
- Teaching Time 6.5 hours
- Class Size Small
- Material 1 book
- Certificate 1
- NCBFAA or CEU 6.5 credits
What you will learn
- Learn what your customs broker should be doing for you!
- Six different was to value your goods
- Country of Origin & markings
- Overview of Harmonized Tariff Scheduled of the U.S.
- Duty Determination
- Customs Entry Process
- Record keeping
- See Complete Course Agenda ...
Course will benefit
Importers, Purchasing, Logistics, Traffic, Customer Service, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders. Anyone involved or with the responsibility for International Documentation, Compliance Rules and Regulations.
Class is excellent for beginners and also serves as a refresher for experienced professionals. Instructor will level set the course based on attendees.
Import Doc & Procedures
- THE IMPORT REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT
- Customs & Border Protection & other regulatory agencies.
- The modernization act and reasonable care.
- Determining Value
- Assists and Other Additions to Value
- International Freight and Other Deductions from Value
- Alternative Valuation Methods
- Related Party Transactions
- Currency Conversion
- First Sale for Export Principle
- The 4-Way Valuation Audit
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AND MARKING
- Country of Origin Regulations, Determination & Marking
- CLASSIFICATION (INCLUDED IN BOOK BUT NOT COVERED IN CLASS)
- Overview of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the U.S.
- The Classification Process
- DUTY DETERMINATION
- Free Trade Agreements and Duty Preference Programs
- Other Duties, Duty Exemptions and Fees
- Import and Entry Process Flow
- Preparing to Make Entry
- Consumption Entry – Detailed review of the entry form 3461 and the entry summary form 7501
- Post Entry Amendment
- Special Entry Types
- RECORD KEEPING
- Auditing & Maintaining Records The (a)(1)(A) List
- OTHER IMPORT CONSIDERATIONS
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Quota, Samples, Wood Packaging, Lacey Act
- Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act
- CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT
- Penalty Process
- Monetary Penalties
- Seizure & Forfeiture
- Importer Audits
- CUSTOMS SECURITY
- Importer Security Filing “10+2”
- Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism “C-TPAT”
- Free & Secure Trade “FAST”
Instructor is willing to entertain questions about all Trade Compliance and injects a bit of humor into a relatively dry subject.– Customs Compliance Specialist – Milwaukee
This will greatly assist in functionalities I need to implement in my current role.– Minneapolis
I was looking for an overview of the requirements and this course was perfect. From start to finish the class was perfect.– Chicago
Learning the responsibilities of not just my capacity, but that of our custom’s broker.– Chicago
Great final presentation. Truly helped pull a lot of the material together. Will make a great difference at work on Monday.– Chicago
I will be able to take a more proactive approach to building the Customs compliance framework for my company.– Accountant
It was a great class and I don't think that I would have changed anything. The course was very helpful and organized very well for the large amount of material to cover. I liked the sample documents and checklist to help us get organized here.– Sales Support
The instructor is great at keeping everyone's attention and definitely knows the material! He not only answered our questions but found opportunities to teach each individual information that was specific to each industry/company program represented on the call.– Regulatory Specialist
Trudy is wonderful, I have no complaints! This class will impact my job performance by developing stronger custom compliance skills.– International Trade & Compliance Specialist
U.S. Import Regulations Procedures & Guidelines
John D. Goodrich
Book included with registration!
Can’t attend? Click here to purchase book