Attend Importing 201 Webinar TodayExperience the advantages and benefits of attending a Global Training Center webinar
As an experienced importer your company has a grasp on the basic procedures to manage the importation of your goods into the U.S. It seems, however, that is all you do, manage the process. Despite your best efforts, the process doesn’t appear to get any better. You experience the same old errors and delays at the border and the specter of a Customs audit or other Customs enforcement is looming on the horizon. Perhaps your company is already an advanced importer yet U.S. CBP has designated you for an audit. How do you prepare for that audit? Better yet, what could you do to strengthen and prepare your company to withstand the scrutiny of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, regardless of the audit or enforcement form they use?
- Teaching Time 6.5 hours
- Class Size Small
- Material 1 book
- Certificate 1
- NCBFAA or CEU 6.5 credits
What you will learn
- Legal requirement for compliance
- Types of CBP audits and enforcement
- Responding to CBP Audit inquiries
- Preparing your company for regulatory enforcement
- Policy and procedure manual
- See Complete Course Agenda ...
Course will benefit
Importers, Purchasing, Sales/Marketing, Logistics, Traffic, Customer Service, Controllers, Legal, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders. Anyone involved or with the responsibility for International Documentation, Compliance Rules and Regulations.
- The legal requirement for compliance.
- Informed compliance
- Shared responsibility.
- Reasonable care
- The types of CBP audits and enforcement:
- Transactional enforcement from the ports and CEEs
- Regulatory Audit
- Referral audits
- Supply chain security reviews
- Audit questionnaires
- Focused Assessment.
- Other techniques (e.g. 2016-2017 threatening informed compliance letters.)
- NEW!!! AD/CVD evasion investigations.
- Customs Enforcement.
- Responding to CBP Audit Inquiries with a focus on the FA
- Are you under investigation?
- Building your audit compliance team.
- Responding to questionnaires
- Understanding the audit process and techniques.
- Long before the audit: Preparing your company for regulatory enforcement. Practical techniques and solutions
- The five elements of internal control
- Control environment
- Risk Assessment
- Control Activities
- Information and communication
- Applying the elements of internal control to your business
- Internal organization
- Policies and procedures –
- Record keeping techniques
- Managing the tactical - Value, HTS, C/O, duty. (A review of basic importing.
- Controlling business partners – vendors, forwarders, brokers, carriers
- Building an internal compliance team
- Building an external compliance team – Brokers, Consultants, Attorneys, Trade Organizations
- Measuring your success.
- Trusted Trader / ISA
- Policy and procedure manual
We encourage class participation throughout the class, not just at the end
We try to make the class as much like an in-person seminar as possible
New Book coming soon!
John D. Goodrich
Book included with registration!
Can’t attend? Click here to purchase book