Attend Tariff Classification Webinar TodayExperience the advantages and benefits of attending a Global Training Center webinar
This class is for importers and exporters. The classification and valuation of goods must be done correctly for a successful international trade transaction. If you classify or value your products incorrectly, your shipment may not reach its destination, and/or you may be subjected to severe penalties. You will also learn how to determine whether goods are subject to quotas, restraints, embargoes or other restrictions. This course will give you the tools you need to properly classify your imported and exported goods.
- Teaching Time 6.5 hours
- Class Size Small
- Material 1 book
- Certificate 1
- NCBFAA or CEU 6.5 credits
What you will learn
- Structure of the HTS
- Difference between HTSUS and Schedule B
- How to classify products for imports and exports
- General Rules of Interprestation (GRI)
- General Notes
- How to apply for and use U.S. Customs classification rulings
- Course includes classification exercises to practice what you learn!
- Complete Course Agenda ...
Course will benefit
Exporters, Importers, Purchasing, Sales/Marketing, Logistics, Traffic, Customer Service , Credit Managers, Controllers, Engineering, Legal, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders.
Course will especially benefit anyone involved with or responsbile for:
- Qualifying goods under NAFTA
- International Documentation
- Compliance Rules and Regulations
- HARMONIZED SYSTEM CONVENTION
- Introduction & History
- Harmonized Structure
- Legal Text of Harmonized System
- Heading and Subheading Provisions
- Rates of Duty
- OVERVIEW OF HARMONIZED TARIFF SCHEDULE OF U.S.
- HTSUS Structure
- Chapters 98 & 99
- HTSUS Table of Contents
- Section Notes
- Chapter Notes
- Tariff Page
- THE EXPORT SCHEDULE B
- What is the Schedule B?
- Differences between Schedule B and Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- Has freight forwarder filed EEI and reported the proper Schedule B code?
- Should my company use the Schedule B or the HTS?
- Duty rates for products
- CLASSIFICATION PROCESS
- Steps in Classifying your Product
- The General Rules of Interpretation (GRIs)
- Additional U.S. Rules of Interpretation
- EXTRINSIC INTERPRETIVE AIDS
- Explanatory Notes
- CBP Rulings & Opinions
- Informed Compliance Documents
- DUTY DETERMINATION
- Column 1 and Column 2 Duties
- Overview of FTA's & Duty Preference Programs
- GENERAL NOTES
- MECHANICS OF CLASSIFICATION
- Business Controls & Classification Process
- Document the Classification Process
- HTS Database
- Record Retention
- Who Should Classify?
- CLASSIFICATION EXERCISES
How will this class impact your job performance?
It will impact it greatly--I feel I will become more efficient in classifying, and will take less time to place an item into its proper tariff code classification specification.
"This was an excellent class, I really enjoyed it and I learned a lot. I really like the interaction with the instructor as well as the other students."– Customs Compliance Coordinator
"I was pleased with the level of instruction and the materials provided!"– Import-Export Administrator
"The interactive nature of the class was very helpful in obtaining a better understanding of the tariff as well as how to more appropriately make tariff selections. Overall this was a very enjoyable and beneficial class for me."– Sr. Compliance Coordinator
"The presenter was very knowledgeable on the topic and kept the topic interesting as time passed quickly. I felt engaged the entire time."– Distribution Specialist
"John was great! I really enjoyed his experience in this field and his passion for this topic shows through in his presentation."- Import/Export Coordinator
"John is a great presenter. Really knows the material and answers all questions. He has a great speaking voice. Calm,smooth and under control."- Procument Coordinator
Mr. O'meara was a fantastic and enthusiastic instructor and really made something that can be extremely confusing very simple. I would recommend this class to others.- Import Compliance Specialist
Mr. Goodrich's knowledge and experience combined with the reference manual is a great tool to review and learn from.- International Logistics
Trudy was an excellent trainer. I've learned so much from her and she made it excititng and worth going. I'll be taking more classes, hopefully with Trudy as the trainer.- Tariff Classification
I was really impressed with how engaged the instructor (John Goodrich) was - I liked the class interaction. I thought it was great. Well worth my time and my company's money.– Tariff Classification
I've taken this very seminar two years in a row. John has changed his presentation from the first time. Thus keeping the material fresh and to the point. I don't know how he can memorize the tariff with such accuracy. He's a walking computer.- Tariff Classification
= Early Registration Price will expire soon!
Doing Your Duty - Product Classification According to HTS of U.S.
John D. Goodrich
Book included with registration!
Can’t attend? Click here to purchase book