Learn to Manage Your Broker, Carrier, and Forwarder
Take the fear out of international logistics and shipping by learning how to select and manage your freight forwarder, customs broker, and international carriers.
This international logistics course is the perfect overview of the global logistics and transportation process—whether shipping by ocean or air. Insights that you gain in this international shipping class will assist you and your firm when:
- Evaluating a customer’s purchase order or a supplier’s offer
- The other party controls carrier selection and routing
- Disaster strikes due to congestion, shipment loss, strikes, or weather
What you will learn
Learn the steps you need to follow to move your products affordably, securely and within budget.
In our international logistics training course, you will learn to control your international shipments by coordinating them with your carrier or service provider in accordance with relevant regulations, rules, and procedures.
Each attendee will receive an annually updated reference book containing examples, regulations, forms, and documents.
More about what you will learn:
- A comprehensive review of Forwarders’ and Customs Brokers’ roles
- Importance of security in the supply chain
- Methods of selecting and negotiating rates and service with carriers
- The rules of the road: Standard Ocean and Air Terms and Conditions for Carriage
- Whether the carrier’s insurance protects your company’s assets
- How to mitigate risk by choosing the proper cargo insurance
Course Will Benefit Importers & Exporters
Previous attendees work in the following areas: Purchasing, Sales/Marketing, Logistics, Traffic, Global Supply Chain, Customer Service, Credit Managers, Controllers, Legal, or anyone with responsibility for engaging the services of a carrier, forwarder, or customs broker.
Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders with responsibilities to importers and exporters for timely delivery of shipments as well as help you exceed customer expectations.
Our international shipping class is excellent for beginners while those with experience will learn important details that can reduce costs in the supply chain and exposure to risk. It will also act as a refresher for those with experience.
Your instructor will set the course level based on attendees’ stated needs.
Customer Testimonials from International Logistics Course
NO SALES, NO GIMMICKS, JUST LEARNING!
* Small Class Size – Time for discussions / Q&A
* Live INTERACTIVE We encourage class participation! You may ask questions throughout the session.
* Book included in price – Great reference to keep at your desk!
* Earn continued education credits (approved for NCBFAA & NASBITE)
* Best in-class Instructors, with real-world experience, which means they can relate to your issues
International Logistics Course Agenda
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central Time) – Webinar
Reference book Managing Forwarders Brokers and Carriers
- INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS PARTNERS
- Freight Forwarders
- Customs Brokers
- Evaluating Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers
- Transportation Costs
- Incoterms® Overview
- SECURING YOUR INTERNATIONAL SUPPLY CHAIN
- Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
- Free and Secure Trade (FAST)
- Container Security Initiative (CSI)
- Transporting Airfreight Securely
- Advance Cargo Information Import & Export
- Packaging & Security
- OCEAN BILLS OF LADING AND COMMON CARRIER’S OBLIGATIONS TOWARD THE SHIPPER
- Law Concerning Bills of Lading
- Common Carriers’ Responsibilities and Rights
- Intrastate and Import Shipments
- Special Rules for Different Modes of Transportation
- OCEAN TRANSPORTATION
- Vessel-Operating Common Carriers (VOCCs)
- Non-Conference Carriers
- Non-Vessel-Operating Common Carriers
- Ocean Freights Rates
- Working with VOCCs and NVOCCs
- AIR WAYBILLS OF LADING
- Airline Air Waybill
- House and Master Air Waybill
- Air Waybill Terms and Conditions
- Integrator Waybills
- AIR FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION
- Combination Carriers or Combi-Carriers
- All-Cargo Carriers
- Integrators – UPS, FedEx
- Air Freight Forwarders
- Freight Rates and Charge
- Overview of Incoterms® Rules and Insurance
- Types of Coverage
- INTERNATIONAL SUPPLY CHAIN DOCUMENTATION
- Export Documentation & The Export Process
- Import Documentation
- International Supply Chain Checklist