International Logistics Course
Full Day Course
Take the fear out of international logistics and shipping by learning how to select and manage your freight forwarder, customs broker, and international carriers.
Learn To Manage Your Broker, Carrier, And Forwarder
This international logistics course is the perfect overview of the global logistics and transportation process—whether shipping by ocean or air. Insights that you gain in this international shipping class will assist you and your firm when:
- Evaluating a customer’s purchase order or a supplier’s offer
- The other party controls carrier selection and routing
- Disaster strikes due to congestion, shipment loss, strikes, or weather
International Logistics Course Agenda
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Seminar 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central Time) – Webinar Reference book Managing Forwarders Brokers and Carriers
I. INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS PARTNERS
- Freight Forwarders
- Customs Brokers
- Evaluating Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers
- Transportation Costs and Pre-Shipment Inspections
II. SECURING YOUR INTERNATIONAL SUPPLY CHAIN
- Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
- Free and Secure Trade (FAST)
- Container Security Initiative (CSI)
- Business Alliance for Secure Commerce
- Regulations for Importers and Exporters
- Advanced Cargo Information
- Packaging and Cargo Loading
III. OCEAN BILLS OF LADING AND COMMON CARRIER’S OBLIGATIONS TOWARD THE SHIPPER
- Law Concerning Bills of Lading
- Common Carriers’ Responsibilities and Rights
- Rules for Different Modes of Transportation
IV. OCEAN TRANSPORTATION
- Vessel-Operating Common Carriers (VOCCs)
- Non-Conference Carriers
- Non-Vessel-Operating Common Carriers (NVOCCs)
- Ocean Freights Rates
- Working with VOCCs and NVOCCs
V. AIR WAYBILLS OF LADING
- Airline, House, and Master Air Waybills
- Air Waybill Terms and Conditions
- Integrator Waybills
VI. AIR FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION
- Combination Carriers
- Charter Airlines
- All-Cargo Carriers
- Integrators or Express Carries
- Forwarders and Consolidators
- Road Feeder Service
- Cargo Networks and Airlines
- Quoting Rates
VII. INSURANCE & INTERNATIONAL SUPPLY CHAIN DOCUMENTATION
Two 15 min breaks & 1 hour lunch
Webinars: 8:30AM-4:00PM CT
Seminars: 8:30AM-4:00PM Local Time
|Atlanta, GA||Apr 24th|
|Houston, TX||May 18th|
You ask, we answer
If you have any other questions, we are here to help. Contact us!
What is International Logistics?
Learn the steps you need to follow to move your products affordably, securely and within budget.
In our international logistics training course, you will learn to control your international shipments by coordinating them with your carrier or service provider in accordance with relevant regulations, rules, and procedures.
Each attendee will receive an annually updated reference book containing examples, regulations, forms, and documents.
More about what you will learn:
- A comprehensive review of Forwarders’ and Customs Brokers’ roles
- Importance of security in the supply chain
- Methods of selecting and negotiating rates and service with carriers
- The rules of the road: Standard Ocean and Air Terms and Conditions for Carriage
- Whether the carrier’s insurance protects your company’s assets
- How to mitigate risk by choosing the proper cargo insurance
Course Will Benefit Importers & Exporters
Previous attendees work in the following areas: Purchasing, Sales/Marketing, Logistics, Traffic, Global Supply Chain, Customer Service, Credit Managers, Controllers, Legal, or anyone with responsibility for engaging the services of a carrier, forwarder, or customs broker.
Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders with responsibilities to importers and exporters for timely delivery of shipments as well as help you exceed customer expectations.
Our international shipping class is excellent for beginners while those with experience will learn important details that can reduce costs in the supply chain and exposure to risk. It will also act as a refresher for those with experience.
Your instructor will set the course level based on attendees’ stated needs.
NO SALES, NO GIMMICKS, JUST LEARNING!
* Small Class Size – Time for discussions / Q&A
* Live INTERACTIVE We encourage class participation! You may ask questions throughout the session.
* Book included in price – Great reference to keep at your desk!
* Earn continued education credits (approved for NCBFAA & NASBITE)
* Best in-class Instructors, with real-world experience, which means they can relate to your issues
You can read about our cancellation policy and transferring here
Read everything you need to know about education credits here
Become One of Our Hundreds of Happy Customers!
We love receiving feedback from our clients! This way we can stay on top of our service and provide you with the knowledge you need to succeed in the industry.
The most beneficial part of the class was the slides and extra information given in the presentation. I liked the opportunity to ask questions and to hear input from others in the class. It has given me a good handle on understanding the supply chain for international carriers and how to deal with them in my career."
Supply Chain Specialist”
Overall was a great course! Lots of good detail. This shows me where we are strong in our company as well as areas we can improve on.
Export Sales Manager
“Class will have a positive impact on my job performance in that I have additional knowledge in logistics to work with. I also really like the manual that was included as part of the class. There is so much helpful information that I can go back to. Instructor was very knowledgeable and open to questions. She was a pleasure to learn from."