Customs Broker Prep Course
- You will pass. We guarantee it. If you do not pass, and if you have followed our program completely and completed all the exercises and attended all training sessions, then you get the course for free the next time the course is offered. It’s not much of risk for us because our success rate is so high.
- Personalized Homework and Tutoring. We tailor our Customs Broker Exam Prep course to you. We diagnose your weaknesses and then assign exercises to improve your command of the topic and enhance your test-taking skills. After you do the exercises, we repeat until success is achieved. Regular tutoring sessions are offered to further brush up on the material.
- 24/7 Online. Our course offers online quizzes, tests, and important course information. No special software needed. Some of our students take only the online course and do just fine on the broker exam, while others combine the online course with one or more of our boot camps.
- Materials. Our course now supplies each student with the necessary books for their first exam. The Customs Broker Exam Prep course includes the HTSUS on a catalog rack, the CFR and a Course Workbook.
- Recorded Lessons. Access to recorded lessons on all major subjects.
- Free Webinars. Access to private webinars on international trade topics that include Export Compliance, Import/Customs Compliance, NAFTA, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, International Sales contracts.
- Conference Calls. We hold both 1-hour weekly and 4-hour monthly conference calls for you to ask questions and get clarification on topics you don’t understand! Can’t make the call? No worries, all conference calls are recorded. You may access recorded conference calls explaining hundreds of questions!
- History. Our Customs Broker License training boasts two decades of success!
- BONUS. If you don’t pass, you will receive help from an attorney with your appeal.
Boot Camps (no extra charge)
- Retreat and Learn – A boot camp is an optional add on for your online customs broker exam prep course. 5-day intensive in-person workshop from 8am to 6pm. Get away from your work, family, and friends to focus, without interruption or distraction, in passing the customs broker exam.
- Dynamic Setting – Interact with and learn from your fellow students. Find out what works for them and share what works for you.
We are adding new dates all the time… so make sure to revisit this page. (Due to COVID, we are currently not holding in-person boot camps).
Please Note: Our boot camps fill up rather quickly and we are occasionally forced to close registration. So we do ask students to reserve their spots. Boot camps do not cost extra, but we ask that you provide us with your debit or credit card information to reserve a spot. The only way that we will charge your debit or credit card, is if you do not show up on the first day of the boot camp. If you do not show up, we will have to, unfortunately, charge your card ($500), regardless of the reason.
|Virtual Boot Camp||Feb 19-23, 2021|
8am to 6pm
|Virtual Boot Camp Exam Week||April 23-27, 2021|
9am to 7pm CT
|Laredo, TX||June 24-28, 2021|
8am to 6pm
|La Posada Hotel|
1000 Zaragosa Street
Laredo, Texas 78040
|Virtual Boot Camp||July 23-27, 2021|
9am to 7pm CT
This program costs $3999 and includes all of the following
- Customized Online Course
- All the materials required for the next exam and the course
- 2 Course Binders, the HTSUS on a catalog rack, the CFR, classification tool
- Personalized Homework
- Live monthly tutoring conference calls that are recorded for easy playback
- We change the time of day and the day of the week, so we can give as many people as possible the opportunity to call in and participate. Great opportunity to talk to the instructor and get answers to the questions that you have
- Access private webinars just for our CB Exam students on international trade topics that include Export Compliance, Import/Customs Compliance, NAFTA, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, International Sales contracts.
- Monthly hour-long teleconferences/webinars led by customs brokers on topics for customs brokers including how to keep up with your licensing requirements, legal topics, job opportunities and dealing with clients and government officials.
Optional Boot Camp
- Intensive, in-person, and virtual 5 day boot camps in a collaborative environment (Due to COVID we are currently only holding virtual boot camps)
What are the requirements to become a U.S. Customs Broker?
In order to become a U.S. Customs Brokers, you need to be a United States citizen, at least 21 years old, not be a current Federal Government employee and possess good moral character. Source: Becoming a Customs Broker | U.S. Customs and Border Protection
What is the national pass rate for the exam?
On average, less than 15% of people who take the broker exam pass. But participants of our course have a 90% pass rate.
What Customs Brokers Do?
Customs brokers must be licensed by Customs and Border Protection (CBP), an agency of the US Government. It is not legally required to hire a customs broker to import goods into the US, but many companies and individuals find customs brokers invaluable in navigating the mountain of paperwork and regulations. Customs brokers help importers “clear goods”, which means processing shipments through customs in a timely and legal fashion. Customs brokers work under many deadlines and must be comfortable with filing information electronically with CBP. A customs broker may take on other responsibilities, such as freight forwarding or consulting, and often play an important role in trade compliance programs.
When is the next U.S. Customs Broker Exam?
Exams are scheduled twice a year. Typically, the first week of April and the first week of October. The next Exam will be held on Wednesday, April 21, 2021. Exam Registration will open on February 16, 2021 and close on March 22, 2021.
Why Become a Customs Broker?
People become customs brokers primarily for financial reasons. The demand for customs brokers is huge and growing. Having employees who are also customs brokers provides a company with lasting advantages when importing. A customs broker license dresses up a resume and is a step towards a higher salary. Unlike other professional licenses, it is relatively easy to get a customs broker license. No college is required, tuition is affordable, and you can pass the exam with only a few months of focused effort…if you choose the correct study course. A customs broker license also allows you to work for a customs brokerage firm, open your own, or become a consultant.
Why People Flunk the Customs Broker Exam?
Thousands of people take the customs broker exam each year, but only a small percentage pass (a lot of our students are in that elite group). People flunk because they decide to study on their own without a structured course, or the course they take an “off the shelf” type that does meet your own personal goals. There is a second reason why people fail. Most people taking the customs broker exam are not recent high school or college graduates, and they underestimate the commitment needed to
pass the exam. You cannot cram for and hope to the pass the customs broker exam. You need a course, like ours, that is tailored to people in mid-career, and you must stick it out during the course of the exam. This means dedicating nights and weekends to real, meaningful, uninterrupted studying, and to doing the homework assigned to you.
How Do I Qualify For The Guarantee?
Students must complete all the homework assignments, course modules, and take the the exam. You must notify us which exam you will preparing for. If you do not pass then you can take the course again for free. New materials will not be provided. If you purchased the course and do not take the exam, you cannot come back to the course for free because you do not qualify for the free course retake. However, you do not have to pay $3,999 again—just pay the $105 processing fee, and you start the
What is Your Refund Policy?
All sales are final and non-refundable. Travel, food, lodging, and entertainment not included. Boot camp scheduling subject to sufficient enrollment count.
“I passed the exam! Thank you so much for your help. I’m still crying! . . . The monthly boot camp and the live classes were really really helpful!” Customs Specialist
“I passed with a score of 82.5% as predicted. Your course played such an important role to my passing the exam on the first try. There are so many ways that you helped during my three months of preparation. If I had to choose one thing that helped me the most I would choose the weekly live 4-hour classes. I could not attend a boot camp. However, during the weekly classes, (1) your step-by-step instructions of how to answer different questions, (2) being able to ask you questions and get your professional answers, and (3) listening to other students, helped me tremendously. It made me feel like I am not alone in the jungle.” Global Trade Services Manager
“I passed! Thank you very much for all your advice and guidance! I will be eternally grateful! It means a lot to my family and me! Of course you can use my testimonial. The course helped me in several ways, including the live and virtual boot camps, the SourceList and the method of classification. You made everything so easy to understand.” Northbound Ops Team Lead
“It pleases me greatly to inform you that I received my letter today and I have passed the exam. I am very proud of myself as well. I want to thank you so very much for your excellent Broker Course. Your tutoring was utterly invaluable! I truly can’t thank you enough. I also want to say thank you for believing in me. That means the world to me. Having passed this exam will open so many new doors! YOU ARE AWESOME!”
Import Compliance Director, Tucker Rocky Distributing
“I have received my official letter notifying me of passing and just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU! The test is not easy, this course is not easy and neither is
the homework. However, by taking your class and learning the heavily tested areas it helped me to have a more focused method of studying for the exam overall. I was able to devote time to those areas while still making sure to focus on the
lesser-tested areas so any “curveballs” on the exam didn’t have catastrophic consequences. Others have said it and I will agree as well – the boot camps are invaluable! Jobs, families and social activities all interfere with even the best plans to
study. But, at the boot camp work email isn’t visible, the phone isn’t ringing off the hook and you can take the much needed time to focus and get the feel of what it will be like on exam day. I am happy to see you will be adding tutors to boot
camps as that will make them even more of a benefit than they already are! I came to your course on the recommendation of a colleague who took your course and passed the exam after I tried another course. Your course gives the methods and guidance
needed to pass the exam – I am now proof of that! Thank you again!”
Senior Account Manager, WEST Forwarding Service
“I passed the exam. Thank you for all your guidance. If it wasn’t for your course, I would not have passed the exam.”
Global Trade Compliance Specialist
“Thank you so much for helping me achieve this goal!!! You are the BEST!!!”
Logistics Management Analyst
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.