Last Updated: 2017
This book will address the strategy and tactics of negotiating the minimization of landed cost and the maximization of profit for both international and domestic trasactions, from the perspective of both purchasing and sales. This book is addressed to the largest group of importers and exporters: those who sell goods either as LCL, or in full containers by ocean, air or truck. This book is not meant for importers and exporters who charter vessels, such as commodities traders, but commodities traders can still learn from the negotiation lessons herin. This book will outline the application of the best Incoterms® Rules for most traders, and why representatives from other departments need to know how Incoterms® Rules affects them.
- What are Incoterm® Rules?
- Theoretical Overview
- Application of Incoterms® Rules: Part I
- Application of Incoterms® Rules: Part II
- Negotiating Strategies and Tactics
- Critical Points in the Transfer of Costs, Risks&Possession
- Case Studies