Last Updated: 2019
“Helping you to help your broker to help you”
This simple phrase summarizes the primary purpose of this book. Too often importers are overly reliant on their customs broker to manage all of the minute details of the import entry process only to find out later that the regulators hold the importer primarily accountable for any errors the broker makes. Importing into the U.S. is a complex multifaceted process. This text delves into the regulatory aspects of the U.S. importing process, specifically the U.S. customs entry.
U.S. Import Regulations will cover the following:
- What are the regulations & who are the regulators?
- Determining the entered value
- Country of origin and origin marking requirements
- Classification according to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- Determining duties and fees
- The Customs entry process
- Auditing a Customs entry
- Record keeping
- Customs enforcement
- Current Importing issues
- Customs and port security initiatives