STAND OUT IN YOUR NETWORK, SHARE WITH OTHER PEOPLE, KEEP DIGITAL RECORDS OF YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS, GAIN VERIFIED TRADE SKILLS AND TAG GTC TO REACH A GREATER AUDIENCE!
What Is A Digital Badge
A digital badge, also known as a digital credential or digital achievement, is a modern way of tracking and verifying accomplishments completed by an individual. On the surface, a digital badge is a visual acknowledgment and recognition of the skills or tasks earned. The digital file itself is packed securely with data that is very valuable for the earner.
How does this work?
When you attend any of the Global Training Center (GTC) trade compliance training, in any of the following formats:
- In-person trade and customs compliance seminars throughout the U.S.
- Online trade and customs compliance webinars
- Online e-learning on-demand trade and customs compliance courses
Any of the trade and customs training mentioned above will earn a traditional Certificate of Completion and a Trade Compliance Digital Badge as well. The badges are awarded when you fully complete any of the courses described above. Attendance must be verified by GTC which is done through your physical attendance at an in-person seminar or you must have your webcam on during any of the web-based webinar training sessions.
Upon successful completion of the course, both the certificate and the digital badge(s) are attached to your profile on the GTC website. You will get an email notification as well as access through your profile on the website with your achievements linked.
Your digital badge can be viewed, downloaded, or shared.
Because your Trade Compliance Digital BadgeTM is awarded through our platform and stored in our database you will always be able to view important information tied to your achievement. This information includes:
- Earner name – Your name will always be tied to the digital badge file in a secured format
- Issuer – Global Training Center will display to show who issued the badge
- Date – The date the badge was issued
- Expiration Date – The expiration date of the digital badge, usually 1 year after earning
- Verification – If any of the data embedded on the digital badge file is tampered with, it will not cross-reference correctly with our database and therefore not verify. A physical proof and verification of the badge is acknowledged within the badge itself
Trade Compliance Digital Badge™
Why is this important? You can let everyone know about your accomplishment with verified proof of your achievements and newly earned skills. This is very easy to do through a number of mediums, including your resume or personal website using an embedded link. However, the most popular method is through social networks.