Meet Your New Trade Partner, Alexa
“Alexa, open GTC”
With the free GTC International Trade Skill for Alexa, you can ask for trade terminology through your Amazon Echo. Ask Alexa about International Trade terminology and it will return a definition for you. If it is not in the database, the term will be added shortly. So use it as often as possible to help grow this free resource to the customs and trade community.
How it works
- You can install the free GTC International Trade Skill on any Amazon Alexa enabled device. For example, the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, and Amazon Tap.
- Go to the Amazon Alexa Skill Page to add GTC International Trade
- Or, you can enable the Skill directly on your device by saying, “Alexa, enable GTC International Trade”
- You are now ready to use the skill. See below for more information on what you can do and will be able to do in the future as we evolve the Skill, or give us feedback on the form below on what you think may be nice to see.
What it does
The first version will provide a definition of trade and customs terminology. The more you use it, the smarter it gets as terminology not found will be added shortly after it is not found.
Things you can ask:
- “Alexa, ask GTC what is NAFTA”
- “Alexa, ask GTC what is the definition of Countervailing Duties”
- “Alexa, ask GTC what is an FTZ”
You can also ask for information on our seminar schedule. There are several ways to do this.
Things you can ask:
- “Alexa, ask GTC when is your next training in San Diego”
- “Alexa, ask GTC what topics are offered in Chicago”
- “Alexa, ask GTC are you going to Houston”
- “Alexa, ask GTC when is the next Incoterms seminar”
The GTC skill will soon be able to help you beyond just terminology and event schedules. Ask GTC for the trade question of the day to test your knowledge on different trade compliance subjects. Maybe you want a short quiz on a specific topic, or a CBP Broker Exam prep question.
Things you will be able to ask:
- “Alexa, ask GTC for the Trade Question of the day”
- “Alexa, ask GTC to play Import Challenge”
- “Alexa, ask GTC for the CBP Exam Prep Question of the day”
Amazon Echo Giveaway
Thank you to everyone that participated, we had an overwhelming amount of entries. We had orginally planned on just one Amazon Echo, but because of the number of entries we decided to draw three more names for an Amazon Echo Dot for each of the additional winners. Here are the lucky winners:
Amazon Echo Winner
Judy Fine from Optimas Solutions
Amazon Echo Dot Winners
Jackie Beairsto from Monsanto
Ashley Hagedorn from Hubbell Power Systems
Robert Lampley from ABB
Comments / Ideas
If you have any ideas or comments, please include them in the form as well. We hope you enjoy this new learning resource and trade in general… Trade Is Good!