Why is Trade Compliance Important?
If you are going to do business in the global market, it is critical that you understand the customs law, regulations and your obligations. International trade will grow your business, but lack of compliance can be costly and detrimental to your business.
Reasons why global trade compliance is important:
- Trade Compliance is the law
- It could be costly, if you are not compliant
- Protect your company
- Some violations may result in criminal or civil penalties, debarred from future exports, as well as imprisonment.
- Avoid Fines and Penalties
- Stop shipment delays
- Don’t get placed on government watchlist
- Build a Compliance Culture
How can Global Training Center help?
Dedicated to Education – Where others use training seminars/webinars as a means to generate information and leads for their core business, usually consulting, software or legal practice, GTC was founded and continues to operate on the fundamental notion of educating individuals on international trade and customs matters. For over 28 years we have provided global trade compliance training to the international trade community. We have become the market leader as a result of dedicated customers coming back every year for additional training and continued recommendations from them as well. It’s hard to beat GTC’s dedication to excellence. Explore our private trade compliance courses today.
You’ll receive international trade compliance training from an experienced specialist who has been in your shoes and understands your needs.
- Receive detailed answers to your specific questions
- Receive a valuable reference book with seminar registration
- Reference books and courses are updated yearly
- Expect NO SALES, NO GIMMICKS, JUST LEARNING at our seminars and webinars.
Are you wondering what can
happen if you don’t comply?
See for yourself. Download
this document that is published
by U.S. Department of Commerce
Bureau of Industry & Security.
It contains actual violations and
Why Trade Compliance-Video
Why Invest in Trade Compliance Training?
- Protect your company and employees
- Education will help reduce risk
- Demonstrate due diligence to auditors
- You are responsible for Customs Broker’s mistakes-learn what they should be doing
- Communicate the importance of compliance to all departments
- Develop a greater understanding of international trade opportunities such as FTAs
- Communicate better so each department understands its role
- Explore ways to avoid discrepancies in documentation
- Mitigate fines, penalties and shipment delays
- Learn about security initiatives and their benefits