ITAR Compliance Training
International Traffic in Arms Regulations, it’s not just for things that go ‘Boom’!
ITAR Is Not Just For Things That Go 'Boom'!
This half-day ITAR compliance training webinar is designed to provide you with the fundamentals of the ITAR, its U.S. regulatory and statutory framework, and insights into the key principles of ITAR compliance.
Our expert instructor ensures attendees will gain an understanding of the impacts ITAR has on international business and how to avoid costly fines and penalties.
Subjects covered in this ITAR compliance training course include:
ITAR and its USML
Registration with the State Department
ITAR technical data controls
ITAR licenses, compliance, and enforcement
Transition of hardware and technical data from the USML to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
Regulation of brokering activities
International Traffic in Arms Regulations
9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Central Time) – Webinar Attendees will receive a copy of instructor’s presentation
I. THE INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATIONS AND UNITED STATES MUNITIONS LIST
• Introduction to Regulatory Structure and Administration
• USML Coverage
• Structure of the USML
• Classification Issues (e.g., “Specially Designed” and other Criteria for Coverage)
• Export Control Reform Changes and Removal of Items to the Export Administration Regulations
• Commodity Jurisdiction Process
II. REGISTRATION WITH THE STATE DEPARTMENT
• Who is Required to Register?
• Registration Process
• Reporting Political Contributions
III. ITAR TECHNICAL DATA CONTROLS
• Definition of Technical Data and Information Excluded from Coverage
• Restrictions on Technical Data Exports
IV. ITAR Licenses
• DSP-5 Licenses
• License Exceptions
V. COMPLIANCE AND ENFORCEMENT (COMBINE WITH EAR DISCUSSION)
• Compliance Requirements
• Technology Control Plans
•Penalties for Violations
VI. REGULATION OF BROKERING ACTIVITIES
• Registration Requirements
• License Requirements
One 15min break
Webinars: 9AM-12:30PM CT
You ask, we answer
If you have any other questions, we are here to help. Contact us!
This ITAR compliance course is designed to help you and your firm understand the intricacies of these regulations. The penalties available under ITAR to the U.S. Department of State are significant; they are there to ensure compliance. Financial penalties are a given, but a firm may be debarred from exporting or from doing business with the U.S. government. Plus they can be personal, individuals may be debarred from government contracts, imprisoned and/or fined.
Export Violations – Don’t let it happen to You!
Violating the ITAR may result in criminal or civil penalties, debarred from future exports, as well as imprisonment.
ITAR stands for International Traffic in Arms Regulations; they are administered by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) within the State Department. The ITAR were established under the Arms Export Control Act of 1976; it authorizes the president to control import, export and brokering of defense articles and defense services.
All manufacturers, exporters and distributors of defense articles, related technical data, and defense services as defined by ITAR are required to register with the DDTC. By registering with the DDTC you are confirming that you and your firm understands it’s requirements to comply with the ITAR.
Note, manufacturers are required to register even though they don’t export anything subject to the ITAR controls. ITAR controls apply to physical products on the U.S. Munitions List (USML), and to services, software, and technical data.
- Manufacturers of defense articles or defense components
- Exporters of defense articles, technical data, software, or services
- Distributors of defense articles
- Suppliers of defense services
- Others: FSO, HR, Engineering Supervisor, Sales, Logistics
NO SALES, NO GIMMICKS, JUST LEARNING!
* Small Class Size – Time for discussions / Q&A
* Live INTERACTIVE We encourage class participation! You may ask questions throughout the session.
* Book included in price – Great reference to keep at your desk!
* Earn continued education credits (approved for NCBFAA & NASBITE)
* Best in-class Instructors, with real-world experience, which means they can relate to your issues
Become One of Our Hundreds of Happy Customers!
We love receiving feedback from our clients! This way we can stay on top of our service and provide you with the knowledge you need to succeed in the industry.