Learn to Classify Products for Imports & Exports & much more
Tariff Classification Course using HTSUS and Schedule B. Classification for import, export, FTA determination & clarification on Section 301 and Section 232. The classification & valuation of goods are major decisions! Critical information not only for duty purposes, but also to determine whether goods are subject to quotas, restraints, embargoes or other restrictions. This tariff classification training is for importers and exporters. Tariff classification and valuation of goods must be done correctly for a successful international trade transaction. If you classify or value your products incorrectly, your shipment may not reach its destination, and/or you may be subjected to severe penalties. You will also learn how to determine whether goods are subject to quotas, restraints, embargoes or other restrictions. This tariff classification training course will give you the tools you need to properly classify your imported and exported goods. Schedule of class dates is listed on the right.
|Read Customer Testimonials>>||See all Course Topics>>|
What you will learn in Customs Tariff Classification course:
- Structure of the HTS
- Difference between HTSUS and Schedule B
- Tariff classification of products for imports and exports
- General Rules of Interpretation (GRI)
- General Notes
- How to apply for and use U.S. Customs classification rulings
- Course includes classification exercises to practice what you learn!
Course Will Benefit
Exporters, Importers, Purchasing, Sales/Marketing, Logistics, Traffic, Customer Service , Credit Managers, Controllers, Engineering, Legal, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders.
Course will especially benefit anyone involved with or responsbile for:
- Qualifying goods under NAFTA
- International Documentation
- Compliance Rules and Regulations
This Customs tariff classification class is excellent for beginners and also serves as a refresher for experienced professionals. Instructor will level set the course based on attendees.
Tariff Classification Course Agenda
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central Time) – Webinar
Reference book Doing Your Duty
- HARMONIZED SYSTEM CONVENTION
- Introduction & History
- Harmonized Structure
- Legal Text of Harmonized System
- Heading and Subheading Provisions
- Rates of Duty
- Amendment, Maintenance & Dispute Settlement
- OVERVIEW OF HARMONIZED TARIFF SCHEDULE OF U.S.
- HTSUS Structure
- Chapters 98 & 99
- HTSUS Table of Contents
- Section Notes
- Chapter Notes
- Tariff Page
- THE EXPORT SCHEDULE B
- What is the Schedule B?
- Difference between Schedule B and Harmonized Tarff Schedule
- Has freight forwarder filed EEI and reported the proper Schedule B code?
- Should my company use the Schedule B or the HTS?
- Duty rates for products
- CLASSIFICATION PROCESS
- Steps in Classifying your Product
- The General Rules of Interpretation (GRIs)
- Additional U.S. Rules of Interpretation
- EXTRINSIC INTERPRETIVE AIDS
- Explanatory Notes
- CBP Rulings & Opinions
- Informed Compliance Documents
- DUTY DETERMINATION
- Column 1 and Column 2 Duties
- Overview of FTA’s & Duty Preference Programs
- GENERAL NOTES
- MECHANICS OF CLASSIFICATION
- Business Controls & Classification Process
- Document the Classification Process
- HTS Database
- Record Retention
- Who should Classify?
- CLASSIFICATION EXERCISES
Customer Testimonials from Tariff Classification Course
|Small Class Size|
|6.5 Hrs Teaching|
|Printed Book Included|
|Certificate of Completion|
|Earn Education Credits|
2021 HTSUS Revision 7
Download HTSUS 2021