Export To Canada Course
HALF DAY Course
Streamline your shipments to Canada and avoid unexpected delays. Attend this half-day class to get tips on doing business with Canada.
Exporting To Canada From Start To Finish
Learn both the U.S. Customs requirements AND the Canadian customs requirements. We will also review procedures, learn the documentation requirements, and the process of clearing goods at Canadian Customs. Valuable Reference book included with your registration.
If you’re looking to start or continue doing business with Canada, it should begin with a sound Trade Compliance plan. The Exporting to Canada from the U.S. class below can help you begin or improve your plan.
Download Canada Agenda here
Export to Canada Agenda
8:30 a.m. to Noon – Seminar 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Central Time) – Webinar Reference book Are you CANpliant?
I. DOING BUSINESS IN CANADA, EH?
• Oh Canada! Geography & Government
• Built It: Legal Structures for Doing Business in Canada
• International Trade: the Lifeblood of the Canadian Economy
II. TO MARKET, TO MARKET
• Distribution and Sales Channels
• Establishing a Presence in Canada & Becoming a Non-Resident Importer
• Making the Sale
• Sales Channels
• Intellectual Property Rights & Certifying Your Products
III. POLICERS, PGAs, PARTNERS AND PROVIDERS
• CBSA & PGAs
• Customs Brokers & Couriers
• Freight Fowarders & 3PLs
• Carrier Selection & Primary Truck Border Crossings
IV. EXPANDING YOUR MARKETS: LEAVING THE U.S
• Products — Places — People
• Export Documentation, Reporting the Export & U.S. Recordkeeping
• Canada and the U.S.: Foreign Relations
V. CANADIAN IMPORT PROCEDURES
• Reporting, Releasing & Accounting for your Shipment
• Classification, Country of Origin, Valuation Protocol, & Value for Duty
• Canadian Recordkeeping
VI. SPECIAL IMPORT CONSIDERATIONS AND DUTY REDUCTION PROGRAMS
• Casual vs Commercial Shipments
• Courier Shipments — Mail Imports — Low Value Shipments (LVS)
• Antidumping & Countervailing Duties
• Duty Drawback & Duty Relief
• Canadian Duty and Tax Exemptions for Returns, Samples and Exhibits
VII. CUSMA AND OTHER FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS
• CUSMA Rules of Origin, Certificate of Origin & Recordkeeping
• Measures and Countermeasures
• Other Free Trade Agreements
VIII. CBSA Enforcement
• Verification, aka Audit
• CUSMA Verification
• AMPS: Administrative Monetary Penalty System
IX. OTHER PROGRAMS
• Single Window Initiative (SWI)
• CBSA Automated Systems
• Customs Self-Assesment (CSA)
One 15min break
Webinars: 9:00AM-12:30PM CT
Seminars: 8:30Am-12:00PM Local
You ask, we answer
If you have any other questions, we are here to help. Contact us!
- Documentation requirements for US/Canadian Customs
- The process to export to Canada from the U.S.
- The process to import into Canada
- Administrative monetary penalties
- Special import & duty reduction programs
Anyone involved in Purchasing, Sales/Marketing, Logistics, Traffic, International Trade, Customer Service, Credit Managers, Controllers, Engineering, Safety, and Legal personnel.
This Exporting to Canada from USA class is excellent for beginners and also serves as a refresher for experienced professionals. The instructor will level set the course based on attendees.
NO SALES, NO GIMMICKS, JUST LEARNING!
* Small Class Size – Time for discussions / Q&A
* Live INTERACTIVE We encourage class participation! You may ask questions throughout the session.
* Book included in price – Great reference to keep at your desk!
* Earn continued education credits (approved for NCBFAA & NASBITE)
* Best in-class Instructors, with real-world experience, which means they can relate to your issues
Become One of Our Hundreds of Happy Customers!
We love receiving feedback from our clients! This way we can stay on top of our service and provide you with the knowledge you need to succeed in the industry.