Half Day Course
So now that you have learned the Incoterms basics, you want to take this class to learn which term is the best fit for your company and how to maximize your profit!
A level II class on the application of Incoterms® Rules in purchases and sales.
Incoterms training will review the strategy and tactics of negotiating the minimization of landed cost and the maximization of profit from both perspectives purchasing and sales.
IMPORTANT: This Incoterms course will focus on ‘most commonly used trade terms’, which would be terms for goods shipped in a container.
Download Incoterms Strategies Course Agenda ⬇️
Strategic Use of Incoterms® Rules in Purchases and Sales
8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Seminar
9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Central Time) – Webinar
• Buying Italian Shoes
• In 1936
• Freight prepaid and freight collect
• Buyer’s and Seller’s obligations as a function of Incoterms® Rule
• Incoterms® Rules are shorthand
II.Review of Individual Incoterms® Rules
• Overview of Incoterms® Rules
• Rules for any mode of transportation
• Rules for sea and inland waterways
III. APPLICATION OF INCOTERMS® RULES: PART I
• Four groups become two
• Incoterms® rules for domestic use or within customs zones
IV.APPLICATION OF INCOTERMS® RULES: PART II
• 11 Incoterms® rules, 44 combinations
• Five case studies
V.NEGOTIATING STRATEGIES AND TACTICS
• Relative advantage buyer and seller as a function of Incoterms® Rule
• Negotiation strategy and tactics for those in sales
• Negotiation strategy and tactics for those in purchasing
• Optimizing landed cost
VI.CRITICAL POINTS IN THE TRANSFER OF COSTS, RISKS, AND POSSESSION
• RePO® and cost transfer
• Critical points in the transfer of costs/possession and risk
VII.ADDITIONAL CASE STUDIES• Use of multimodal Incoterms® rules in ten business models
VIII.CONCLUSION and Answers
”Incoterms®” is a registered trademark of the International Chamber of Commerce
We do recommend to take our Incoterms Course, if you have not done so, prior to this course. This will be to your advantage and allow you to get the best understanding of this topic. Let us know if you have any additional questions!
One 15min break
Webinars: 9:00AM-12:30PM CT
Seminars: 8:30AM-12:00PM Local
You ask, we answer
If you have any other questions, we are here to help. Contact us!
- Responsibilities and obligations for the seller and the buyer
- Apply rules related to various Incoterms to purchases and sales
- Product transportation and risk of loss
- Negotiating strategies and tactics for transportation, risk/responsibility, title transfer and payment terms
- Incoterms rules as applied to freight prepaid and freight collect shipments
For importers & exporters who sell goods in full containers or LCL. Employees of Exporters, employees of Importers, Purchasing, Sales/Marketing, Logistics, Traffic, Customer Service, Credit Managers, Controllers, Engineering, Legal, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders. Anyone involved or with the responsibility for International Documentation, Compliance Rules and Regulations.
Incoterms training is excellent for beginners and also serves as a refresher for experienced professionals. Instructor will level set the course based on attendees.
NO SALES, NO GIMMICKS, JUST LEARNING!
* Small Class Size – Time for discussions / Q&A
* Live INTERACTIVE We encourage class participation! You may ask questions throughout the session.
* Book included in price – Great reference to keep at your desk!
* Earn continued education credits (approved for NCBFAA & NASBITE)
* Best in-class Instructors, with real-world experience, which means they can relate to your issues
You can read about our cancellation policy and transferring here
Read everything you need to know about education credits here
Become One of Our Hundreds of Happy Customers!
We love receiving feedback from our clients! This way we can stay on top of our service and provide you with the knowledge you need to succeed in the industry.
“Trudy was AMAZING. Such a bright and warm spirit, even virtually! She kept me focused and intrigued! I will certainly take another class done by her"
“Great course and appreciate the staff pulling it all together as a webinar. "
Sr. Director Logistics
“I think this class was really well done. I feel I will benefit most from the documentation section. Trudy discussed what is required, what each document does, etc. I have more knowledge (and great resources!) that I can use to step into my new role."