What is EAR?
EAR stands for Export Administration Regulations. The EAR is a set of regulations which are administered by the Bureau of Industry ans Security which is part of U.S. Department of Commerce. These regulations are in place for the national security of the U.S. Items include commercial products, software and technology that may pose a danger to the national security. Export shipments that fall under the EAR require a license and reporting to authorities prior to shipping.
Export Compliance should not be an afterthought! This half-day Export Regulations Programs provides education on the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which are administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce. It covers basic export control concepts one needs to understand in order to execute essential global business operations in a compliant manner. Subjects include who needs to comply, general prohibitions, record keeping, navigating the Commerce Control List (CCL), how to classify items on the CCL, how to determine license requirements, applying license exceptions, and more. The course will include examples and interactive Q&A to ensure participants leave with a working knowledge of the regulations to immediately apply to their engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain processes. See Schedule
Export Violations – Don’t let it happen!
What may happen if found guilty of an export violation:
- Civil, administrative or criminal financial penalty
- Criminal conviction/jail time
- Placed on government watch list
- Negative media
What you will learn in this Export Regulations Program:
- Who needs to comply?
- General prohibitions
- Determine if you are subject to EAR
- Be aware of Export Control Reform changes
- Know who are prohibited parties
- Record keeping requirements
- Determine if your product or software is covered by the Commerce Control List (CCL)
- Learn to determine your Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN)
- Determine license requirements
Course Will Benefit
Exporters, Legal, Sales Team, Logistics, Customer Service
|Small Class Size|
|3.5 Hrs Teaching|
|Certificate of Completion|
|3.5 CCS/CEU Credits|
Course has been approved to
Earn credits! See below