Half Day Course
Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) is a voluntary public-private sector partnership program that recognizes that CBP can provide the highest level of cargo security only through close cooperation with the principal stakeholders of the international supply chain such as importers, carriers, consolidators, licensed customs brokers, and manufacturers.
Learn Why The CTPAT Program Is A Must
Members of the CTPAT program are recognized as corporate citizens who participate in a security program that helps secure their supply chain and also the United States. Note: This CTPAT training course is not associated with or approved by CBP, DHS, or the U.S. Government.
Reasons for considering this course:
- Considering CTPAT certification
- Preparing for re-validation
- Required CBP training for existing CTPAT members
- Learn new Minimum Security Requirements
- Protect your supply chain & remain competitive
- CTPAT Benefits (see FAQ below)
- Corporate Citizen
CTPAT Course Agenda
8:30 a.m. to Noon – Seminar 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Central Time) – Webinar Reference book Making CTPAT Work for You
I. BACKGROUND AND HISTORY
II. SUPPLY CHAIN AND VULNERABILITY
• Is there an ongoing threat?
• What’s the Risk?
III. VALUE PROPOSITION OR EXPENSE AND LIABILITY
• What is in it for Us?
• The Hard and Soft Benefits of Securing the Supply Chain?
• CTPAT Pros & Cons
• Can You Resign from CTPAT?
• Considering a Consultant
• CTPAT Expectations and Commitment
IV. CTPAT BASICS
a. The CTPAT Champion
b. The CTPAT Tiers
c. 10 Initial Steps to Applying for the CTPAT Program
d. CTPAT General Eligibility Requirements
e. and more topics
I. CTPAT MECHANICS
• Five-Step Risk and Vulnerability Assessment
• Supply Chain Mapping Exercises
• Surveying Supply Chain Partners
• Creating a CTPAT Manual
• Risk Assessment Criteria
• Checklists and Project Plans
• Implementing Change
• and more topics
II. VALIDATIONS AND RE-VALIDATIONS
• The Supply Chain Security Specialist
• SCSS’ Gone Wild
One 15min break
Webinars: 9AM-12:30PM CT
Seminars: 8:30AM-12:00PM Local
You ask, we answer
If you have any other questions, we are here to help. Contact us!
What you will learn in CTPAT training:
- CTPAT Validation process – how to get started
- CTPAT Revalidation process
- New Minimum Security Criteria MSC
- Supply Chain Risk and Vulnerability
- Hard and Soft Benefits of Securing the Supply Chain
- Product transportation and risk of loss
- CTPAT Pros and Cons
- CTPAT Basics & Mechanics
CTPAT Champions, Employees of Exporters, employees of Importers, Purchasing, Sales/Marketing, Logistics, Traffic, Customer Service, Credit Managers, Controllers, Engineering, Legal personnel, Security, Customs Brokers, Carriers, and Freight Forwarders.
CTPAT training course is excellent for beginners and also serves as a refresher for experienced professionals. The instructor will level set the course based on attendees.
NO SALES, NO GIMMICKS, JUST LEARNING!
* Small Class Size – Time for discussions / Q&A
* Live INTERACTIVE We encourage class participation! You may ask questions throughout the session.
* Book included in price – Great reference to keep at your desk!
* Earn continued education credits (approved for NCBFAA & NASBITE)
* Best in-class Instructors, with real-world experience, which means they can relate to your issues
You can read about our cancellation policy and transferring here
Read everything you need to know about education credits here
corporate Learning Now Available
We have a 3 Part e-learning CTPAT Series!
Become One of Our Hundreds of Happy Customers!
We love receiving feedback from our clients! This way we can stay on top of our service and provide you with the knowledge you need to succeed in the industry.
I was looking for general information to begin this quest. The entire presentation was beneficial to me, and really value the examples provided, as well as ways to fund this endeavor by simply changing shipping terms and some protocols. It will allow me to become more educated in topics that are vital to ensuring trade compliance and will help the company avoid costs and lower our budget. I am always impressed by GTC.”
“I needed an update in the changes and the instructor did a superb job. I could not believe how Karma covered so much material in record time. It was as excellent I would not change anything. “
“It has provided a great foundation and a decent road map to CTPAT Certification. We have way too many of our containers pulled for “Random” Inspections and I want to develop a program/manual for the Import process of our company.”