Full Day Course
Your firm experiences errors and delays at the border even though import compliance has become a core competency and integrated into your firm’s procedures and policies.
Learn advanced Import compliance Training
Alternatively, your company has divisions, each having its own EIN, and imports a range of products. You want to prepare your firm and its divisions for the possibility of receiving either a U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (Customs) letter of inquiry or an audit request.
How do you effectively begin a statistically relevant import compliance audit for your company with a limited budget? How do you respond to Customs’ inquiries? Would your company’s procedures and policies withstand Customs scrutiny? Is there evidence of reasonable care?
All of these questions and more will be addressed in our advanced import compliance course to ensure you and your firm are prepared. You will receive a comprehensive text, which is regularly updated. It incorporates samples of import procedures and policies.
Download Importing 201 Agenda here
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Seminar
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time) – Webinar
Reference book included: U.S. Import Audit Preparation
I. U.S. CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE
- Regulatory Environment
- Reasonable Care
- Key Compliance Issues
- Common Importer Errors
II. CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT
- Penalty Process
- Specific Elements Comprising the Monetary Penalties
- Audit Types and Triggers
III. THE FOCUSED ASSESSMENT PROCESS
- FA Process Overview
- Pre-Assessment Survey Process & Questionnaire
- Instructions for Focused Assessment Process
- Electronic Data Processing Questionnaire
- Technical Information for Pre-Assessment Survey (TIPS)
- Assessment Compliance Test (ACT)
- Risk Opinion Under Focus Assessment
- Compliance Improvement Plan (CIP)
- Focus Assessment Follow-Up Audit
IV. SPECIAL ISSUES WITHIN AN AUDIT
- Systemic Errors
- Timely Completion and Resolution of Issues
- Gray areas of HTS Classification
- Delay Requests to Apply for CTPAT
- Errors Disclosed and Prior Disclosures During an Audit
- Treatment of Ultimate Consignee Transactions
- Importer Quantification
- Prior Disclosure, Sampling, and Offset Practices Codified
- Conflict Resolution During and Audit
V. INTERNAL CONTROL
- Internal Control Summary by Component
- Evaluating The Control Environment, The Risk Assessment Process, Monitoring Activities
- Evaluating Information and Communications Process, The Control Activities
- Guidance for the Internal Control Interviewing Process
- COSO Internal Control-Integrated Framework
- Compliance Techniques
VI. RECORD KEEPING COMPLIANCE
- Requirements, Production, Inspection & Examination
- List of Records Required, to be Maintained and Produced Pursuant 19 U.S.C. § 1509 (a)(1)(A)
VII. CTPAT TRADE COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
VIII. STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
We do recommend to take our Importing procedures course, if you have not done so, prior to this course. This will be to your advantage and allow you to get the best understanding of this topic. Let us know if you have any additional questions!
Two 15 min breaks & 1 hour lunch
Webinars: 8:30AM-4:00PM CT
Seminars: 8:30AM-4:00PM Local Time
You ask, we answer
If you have any other questions, we are here to help. Contact us!
- Discuss accessing your import data through Customs’ portal: ACE (Automated Commercial Environment)
- Review important components of import procedures and policies
- Discuss development of an Import Policy and Procedures manual
- Identify the role of your customs broker in your compliance program
- Obtain information on Customs’ enforcement and audits
- Best practices to adopt in response to Customs’ inquiries
- Learn what triggers a Customs’ audit
- Receive details about Penalties:
- Hierarchy of monetary penalties assessed under CFR 19
- Individual vs. company
Importers’ and Customs Brokers’ representatives who are in: Auditing, Purchasing, Logistics, Compliance, Legal or anyone with responsibility for import compliance.
NO SALES, NO GIMMICKS, JUST LEARNING!
* Small Class Size – Time for discussions / Q&A
* Live INTERACTIVE We encourage class participation! You may ask questions throughout the session.
* Book included in price – Great reference to keep at your desk!
* Earn continued education credits (approved for NCBFAA & NASBITE)
* Best in-class Instructors, with real-world experience, which means they can relate to your issues
You can read about our cancellation policy and transferring here
Read everything you need to know about education credits here
Why Importing 201?
This is what one of our Customers shared with us:
“Without the knowledge from your classes results (from audit)
may have very well been different with duties owed and penalties galore!!!”
Become One of Our Hundreds of Happy Customers!
We love receiving feedback from our clients! This way we can stay on top of our service and provide you with the knowledge you need to succeed in the industry.
The webinar is great to follow along and the instructor is awesome. I stayed engaged and wanted to participate on the webinar as I normally stay quite and just listen, I really enjoyed engaging, asking question to help understand it better.
Export Complaince/ITAR Licensing
I felt that the webinar was straight and to the point. The instructor was very knowledgeable in the subject and was very willing to answer all of our questions”
Quality Systems Engineering Coordinator
"It was very helpful. The instructor was very knowledgeable and so helpful. The instructor had us participate and kept it interesting. He asked about our businesses and what classifications we used and tried to tie it in to the webinar."