Learn Critical Steps for Exporting Properly
Export Documentation, Regulations & Procedures are the topics of an in-depth class. Learn the particulars of export documents and why they are critical. Accurate documents equate to successful international transactions without unexpected costs or delays for you or your customer.
The instructor provides you with practical Do’s and Don’ts of Exporting. Upon leaving the class, you will take away a deeper understanding of exporting and a comprehensive text as your day-to-day resource. This Exporting course is updated annually to reflect changing practices and regulations.
Exporting is one of the best ways to grow your firm’s business. However, exporting without knowing the details can result in incorrect documentation and/or reports to the U.S. government. In addition, your firm or your customers could pay fees, fines, or unexpected costs due to delivery delays when documentation is incomplete or inaccurate.
Our Exporting course will help you and your firm to develop and generate accurate export documents as well as help you navigate the maze of export regulations. Through this class, you will become aware of items, transactions and destinations that may require an export license!
Our Exporting course will help you create and maintain a successful export program; our instructors discuss useful procedures and checklists found in the text.
This popular class is our most comprehensive course.
|Read Customer Testimonials>>||See all Course Topics>>|
Things to know before you export:
- Export Controls Questions
- Can I do business with my customer? (Course includes: Checklist for screening them and embargoed countries)
- What is a Deemed Export?
- How will my customer use my product?
- What is Destination Control Statement?
- Am I subject to the Export Administration Regulations? (Course includes: Decision Tree and Checklist)
- Does my commodity require a license to export?
- What are warning signs of potential export control violations? (Course includes: Checklist of red flags)
- Incoterms: how they can decrease costs and reduce exposure to risk for an exporter
- Review of how to determine your Product’s Schedule B or HTSUS Classification
- Reporting your Export to the U.S. Government
- Required Export Documents
- Required record retention (Course includes: Checklist)
- Benefits of an Export Compliance Manual
These and other topics are covered in this exporting process course.
Exporting Course Will Benefit
Anyone involved in the export process or who has responsibility for International Documentation or Compliance.
Business Owners, Sales/Marketing, Logistics, Traffic, Customer Service, Credit Managers, Controllers, Engineering, Legal, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders and even import operations.
This exporting process class is excellent for beginners and serves as a refresher for experienced professionals. The instructor sets the course level based on attendees’ stated needs.
Exporting Documentation & Procedures Course Agenda
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central Time) – Webinar
Reference book Exporting Regulations Documentation Procedures
- STRUCTURING EXPORT SALES TO FOREIGN MARKETS
- Structuring Foreign Sales
- Export Order Process
- NEGOTIATING YOUR CONTRACT AND MEETING ITS TERMS
- What is a Contract?
- Contracts for International Sale of Merchandise
- Puerto Rico’s Commercial Code
- INCOTERMS® 2020, PRODUCT TRANSPORTATION & RISK OF LOSS (Cursory overview)
- Terms for Any Mode
- Maritime Terms
- FORMS OF PAYMENT (In book for reference but not covered in class)
- CUSTOMS & TARIFF PLANNING CONSIDERATIONS
- Tariff Classification
- Product Valuation
- Other Tariff Considerations
- EXPORT CONTROLS
- Export Control Reform
- Applicability of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Commerce Department Export Controls: Are You Subject to the EAR?
- Anti-boycott Regulations
- Penalties for Export control Violations
- State Department Controls on Munitions Exports
- Office Foreign Assets Control
- FREIGHT FORWARDERS, PACKING, TRANSPORTATION, AND INSURANCE
- Freight Forwarders
- Authorizing a Forwarder
- Transportation Costs
- Ocean Transportation
- Air Transportation
- Insurance and the Insurance Certificate
- REPORTING THE EXPORT
- EXPORT DOCUMENTATION AIR AND OCEAN
- Documentation and the Details (Product Quotations, Counteroffer, Formal Quotation, Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Shippers Letter of Instruction (SLI), Certificates of Origin, Export report or Electronic Export Information, Bill of Ladings)
Customer Testimonials from Export Course
|Small Class Size|
|6.5 Hrs Teaching|
|Printed Book Included|
|Certificate of Completion|
|Earn Education Credits|