Automotive Tariff Training
Learn To Navigate Classification For The Automotive Industries
The automotive industry faces challenges when manufacturing and shipping products globally. With trade agreements, duties, and regulations, it can become a great effort to keep up with the trade compliance challenges. This U.S. auto tariff webinar will help you develop a solid foundation with properly classified products to ensure correct duties and eligibility of preferential duty programs, such as USMCA.
CLASSIFICATION FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Central Time) – Webinar
• Authority to Classify
II. HARMONIZED TARIFF SCHEDULE OF THE US
• Components of the HTSUS
• Anatomy of a Tariff number
• Rates of Duty
• Table of Contents
• Section Notes
• Chapter Notes
III. GENERAL & ADDITIONAL US RULES OF INTERPRETATION
• Order of application
• An explanatory walk through of GRI 1-4 and GRI 5 and 6 in relation to 1-4
IV. SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR CLASSIFYING AUTOMOTIVE GOODS
V. UTILIZING THE GRI’s TO IDENTIFY THE MOST APPROPRIATE AUTOMOTIVE PARTS HEADING AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCT EXERCISES USING:
• GRI 1
• GRI 2(a) • GRI 2(b) • GRI 3
• GRI 3(a) • GRI 3(b) • GRI 3(c) • GRI 4
• GRI 5(a) • GRI 5(b) • GRI 6
VI. STEPS FOR EFFECTIVE CLASSIFICATION
• Identification (Product Attributes)
• Association (Headings)
• Application (GRI’s Legal Notes, Ruling, Explanatory Notes)
• Justification (Analysis)
• Classification (Assign 10-digit HTSUS #)
VII. MOST COMMON AUTOMOTIVE CLASSIFICATION ERRORS
VIII. CLASSIFICATION RESOURCES
• Explanatory Notes
• CBP Rulings (ww.rulings.cbp.gov)
• Informed Compliance Publications • Technical Literature
• Bill of Material
One 15min break
Webinars: 9AM-12:30PM CT
You ask, we answer
If you have any other questions, we are here to help. Contact us!
NO SALES, NO GIMMICKS, JUST LEARNING!
* Small Class Size – Time for discussions / Q&A
* Live INTERACTIVE We encourage class participation! You may ask questions throughout the session.
* Book included in price – Great reference to keep at your desk!
* Earn continued education credits (approved for NCBFAA & NASBITE)
* Best in-class Instructors, with real-world experience, which means they can relate to your issues
Become One of Our Hundreds of Happy Customers!
We love receiving feedback from our clients! This way we can stay on top of our service and provide you with the knowledge you need to succeed in the industry.